Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1149641

Date first listed: 14-Dec-1987

Statutory Address: BRIDGE FARMHOUSE, B 1258


Ordnance survey map of BRIDGE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1149641 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Mar-2019 at 22:13:15.


Statutory Address: BRIDGE FARMHOUSE, B 1258

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Ryedale (District Authority)

Parish: Ebberston and Yedingham

National Grid Reference: SE 89320 79619


YEDINGHAM B 1258 SE '& NE (east side) 4/98 Bridge Farmhouse GV II Also known as The Post Office. Farmhouse. Mid C18 probably with earlier origins; late C18 alteration and extension. Dressed sandstone on chamfered plinth, with quoins; right return rendered. Pantile roof and brick stacks. Central stairhall plan, with parallel rear wing added. 2-storey, 3-window front. 4-panel door with divided overlight in plain surround with shaped, keyed lintel. 16-pane sashes on ground floor and 12-pane sashes on first, in painted plain surrounds with key- blocks. Coped gables and shaped kneelers. End stacks to both ranges of M-shaped roof. Rear: all windows have long, keyed lintels. Returns: roof valley masked by plain parapet. Interior: closed-string, straight staircase with tapered, turned balusters, moulded handrail and square newel. Balustrade encloses stairwell on first floor. Entrance hall divided by radial-glazed and panelled door in round- arched architrave. Ground-floor room on left of door contains massive chamfered spine beam with run-out stops. Other spine and cross beams throughout house now boxed. House also served at one time as The Grapes Inn.

Listing NGR: SE8932079619


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 329439

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing