METHODIST CHAPEL AND GATES AND RAILINGS TO FRONT

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1149748
Date first listed:
27-Aug-1987
Statutory Address:
METHODIST CHAPEL AND GATES AND RAILINGS TO FRONT

Map

Ordnance survey map of METHODIST CHAPEL AND GATES AND RAILINGS TO FRONT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1149748 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Jul-2019 at 09:12:23.

Location

Statutory Address:
METHODIST CHAPEL AND GATES AND RAILINGS TO FRONT

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
North Yorkshire
District:
Ryedale (District Authority)
Parish:
Wrelton
National Grid Reference:
SE 76854 86048

Details

WRELTON THE VILLAGE SE 7686-7786 (south side) 17/104 Methodist Chapel and gates and railings to front GV II Chapel. 1840 on datestone; extended, refenestrated and porch added later C19. Dressed limestone with slate roof. Cast-iron gates and railings. Single-storey, 3-bay front, with projecting porch in the centre; lean-to extension at right. Panelled door beneath plain fanlight in gabled porch with scalloped bargeboards; flanking round-headed, 6-pane sashes with painted stone sills. Painted tooled archivolts with keyblocks and imposts to these openings. Over porch, square insciption stone with recessed circular panel containing the words: WESLEY METHODIST CHURCH 1840 Clock by Kneeshaw of Pickering over datestone. Grooved stone scrolls at each corner of hipped roof. The extension has a board door beneath fanlight to right of round-headed 6-pane sash, both with archivolts reproduced from main front, without imposts. Gates and railings: cross-head railings and gates; gate posts with mace heads; principal railings have pointed finials.

Listing NGR: SE7685486048

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
382522
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 13 Feb 2004
Reference: IOE01/10998/20
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David H. Garbutt. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].