WESLEYAN CHAPEL AND HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1149791
Date first listed:
22-Jun-1987
Statutory Address:
WESLEYAN CHAPEL AND HALL, THE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of WESLEYAN CHAPEL AND HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1149791 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2019 at 20:24:33.

Location

Statutory Address:
WESLEYAN CHAPEL AND HALL, THE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
North Yorkshire
District:
Ryedale (District Authority)
Parish:
Slingsby
National Grid Reference:
SE 69810 74839

Details

SLINGSBY THE GREEN SE 6974 (south side) 10/149 Wesleyan Chapel and hall GV II Chapel of 2 builds. 1837 and later C19. Hammer-dressed limestone, Welsh slate roof. Chapel to right, hall to left. Single storey. To left: tall 2-bay range with lower 2-bay range with angled facade to right. Left range: paired sashes in stone surrounds with stepped buttresses to centre and angles. Gable coping, shaped kneelers, ball finial to left end. Right range: board door with overlight to left, paired sashes in stone surrounds to right. Ridge stack. Chapel to extreme right: double-leaf pointed door in gabled porch flanked by pointed windows in Perpendicular style. Central plaque above porch inscribed:

WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL 1837

Gable coping, shaped kneelers, ball finials. Pair of louvres to ridge.

Listing NGR: SE6981074839

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
329106
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 09 Jul 2001
Reference: IOE01/01325/05
Rights: Copyright IoE Miss Katie McAndrew. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].