CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1149927

Date first listed: 05-Feb-1952

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, BRIGGATE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1149927 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2018 at 02:11:56.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, BRIGGATE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Harrogate (District Authority)

Parish: Knaresborough

National Grid Reference: SE 35095 56750

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE 3556 KNARESBOROUGH BRIGGATE (east side, off)

9/68 Church of the Holy Trinity 5.2.52 - II

Church of the Holy Trinity. 1866. Gritstone, Westmorland slate roof. C14 Gothic style. North-west tower, 6-bay aisled nave with clerestory and north porch, 3-bay chancel with north vestry. Tower: 3 stages; off-set angle buttresses; 2 and 3-light windows; tall broach spire with lucarnes. Nave: porch has double board door with strap hinges; 2-light trefoil-headed windows with quatrefoils under hoodmoulds to aisles; 3-light clerestory windows with shafts and lunettes under triple-headed hoodmoulds. Chancel: windows as aisles. Interior: cylindrical arcade piers with foliate capitals support double-chamfered pointed arches with head stops to hoodmoulds. Chancel: roll-moulding at window sill level. Elaborate carved and gilded stone reredos with heads of Apostles and symbols of the Passion. East window flanked by mural paintings of saints and bishops. Piscina and sedilia at east end of north and south walls.

Listing NGR: SE3509556750

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 330731

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing