This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

BOUNDARY STONE APPROXIMATELY 200 METRES EAST OF LOW SNAPE FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: BOUNDARY STONE APPROXIMATELY 200 METRES EAST OF LOW SNAPE FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1150008

Location

BOUNDARY STONE APPROXIMATELY 200 METRES EAST OF LOW SNAPE FARMHOUSE, WALTON HEAD LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Harrogate

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Kirkby Overblow

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 22-Feb-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 330502

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE 34 NW KIRKBY OVERBLOW WALTON HEAD LANE SE 3131 4961 (south side) 6/34 Boundary stone approximately 200 metres east of Low Snape Farmhouse

II

Boundary stone. 1767. Gritstone. Square in plan, approximately 60 centimetres high, rounded top. Inscription on west face: '4 K-F 1767'. This is one of the stones erected after a perambulation which took place between the 3rd and the 27th September 1767 to mark the boundary of the Forest of Knaresborough in the posession of the Duchy of Lancaster; Commission dated 15th July 1767. The stone was erected to replace 2 stones referred to in a perambulation of 1577. William Grainge, The History and Topography of Harrogate and the Forest of Knaresborough, London 1871, p 12.

Listing NGR: SE3131349621

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Grainge, W, The History and Topography of Harrogate and the Forest of Knaresborough, (1871), 12

National Grid Reference: SE 31313 49621

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1150008 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Aug-2018 at 05:26:57.

End of official listing