Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1150215

Date first listed: 11-Apr-1986



Ordnance survey map of LITTLE DANBY HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1150215 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Jan-2019 at 10:40:10.



The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Hambleton (District Authority)

Parish: Yafforth

National Grid Reference: SE 34055 96234


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


YAFFORTH MOUNTSTROLL LANE SE 39 NW (west side) 5/35 Little Danby Hall - II Farmhouse and stables, 2 flats now in part of stable block. C17, C18, C19 and 1925 by Philip Tilden. Red brick with Welsh slate, stone slate and pantile roofs. Main house with wing to right and stable block to far right linked by wall with gateway to rear stable and with gate piers to rear of this. Main house of three blocks. Left block: C19. 2 storeys, 2 bays. Brick in Flemish bond. Sashes with glazing bars and flat brick arches. Central block, setback. C18. 2 storeys, 2 bays. Central glazed C20 door with stone architrave of Roman Doric pilasters, frieze and cornice. On either side sashes with glazing bars and flat brick arches and same above. Pediment with stone coat of arms in tympanum. Right block: C19. 2 bays, 2 storeys. The left bay has C20 2-storey canted bay window with sashes. Right bay has 2 sashes with glazing bars and flat brick arches. Stone cornice over all 3 blocks. Welsh slate roof, ashlar coping. Brick end stacks and 2 ridge-stacks. Adjoining wing to right of house: C17. 2 storeys, 5 bays, right-hand bay set back. Board doors in bays 2 and 4 with quoined stone surrounds and lintels with keystones. To right of door in bay 4 an 8-pane side-sliding sash. First floor: C20 4-light leaded casements in all 5-bays. Dentilled brick eaves. 2 rows of stone slates at base of pantile roof. Ridge stack. Stable block to far right by Philip Tilden, 1925. Front block adjoining C17 wing of house: single storey, 4-bays. 2- light leaded casements in chamfered stone surrounds with keystones. 2 rows of stone-slates at base of pantile roof. Shaped kneelers and ashlar coping. 4 louvres on ridge. Screen wall joining the 2 parallel blocks of stables and facing the road has a double-board door with a segmental brick arch under a Dutch gable with stone coping and acorn finial, and a square, boarded opening with corbelled cill in gable of each stable block. Chamfered-rusticated brick gate piers with cornices to north of stable block. Rear of main house has a re-set quoined, stone door surround with keyed lintel inscribed 'T.M. 1756'.

Listing NGR: SE3405596234


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 332080

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing