KIRK DEIGHTON HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1150323

Date first listed: 30-Mar-1966

Statutory Address: KIRK DEIGHTON HALL, MARK LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of KIRK DEIGHTON HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1150323 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2018 at 17:58:41.

Location

Statutory Address: KIRK DEIGHTON HALL, MARK LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Harrogate (District Authority)

Parish: Kirk Deighton

National Grid Reference: SE 39930 50511

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE 35 SE KIRK DEIGHTON MARK LANE (north side, off)

2/18 Kirk Deighton Hall

30.3.66

GV II

Rectory, now private house. Late C18 with mid C19 alterations including the addition of the third storey. Coursed limestone and gritstone, purple slate roof. Plinth and rusticated quoins. 3 storeys, 5 bays, 2:1:2. Central glazed double doors under a closed porch with Tuscan columns, deep entablature and cornice. Flush wood architraves, projecting sills and incised lintels to all the windows; those to the ground floor are 4-pane sashes; the first floor has sashes with glazing bars; the second floor has 9-pane unevenly-hung sashes. Shallow blocking course with moulded coping and a projecting band at eaves level. Hipped roof. Banded end stacks, of stone to left, of white brick to right. 2-bay single-storey range attached to right, not of special interest. Interior not inspected at resurvey but said to contain a fine original staircase. Rear wing, now a separate house, has keyed lintels to windows and C20 alterations. In 1794 the patronage of the living was sold by Colonel Thornton to the Rev James Geldart who became rector in 1795 and was succeeded by his son and grandson. The church (qv) was extensively rebuilt in 1849 and these two dates may cover the period of building at the Rectory.

Listing NGR: SE3993050511

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 331719

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing