CHURCH OF SAINT MARY AND ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1150547

Date first listed: 11-Mar-1987

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF SAINT MARY AND ALL SAINTS, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF SAINT MARY AND ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1150547 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2018 at 09:19:43.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF SAINT MARY AND ALL SAINTS, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Harrogate (District Authority)

Parish: Cundall with Leckby

National Grid Reference: SE 42288 73099

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NORTH YORKSHIRE HARROGATE 5338

SE 47 SW CUNDALL WITH LECKBY CHURCH LANE (north side, off)

2/1 Church of Saint Mary and All Saints

GV II

Church. 1852. Coursed squared limestone, graduated Westmorland slate roof. West tower of 3 stages, 3-bay nave with south porch, lower 2-bay chancel and vestry on north side. In plain Decorated style. Tower: diagonal buttresses, large belfry windows, stair tower on south side, west clock, crenellated parapet. Porch: steeply-pitched roof, moulded arch; inner door with strap hinges. 2 and 3-light windows and offset butresses to nave and chancel. Gable copings. Interior: largely refurbished early C20 but retains original wooden altar rail with slender balusters. Anglo-Saxon cross shaft in tower carved with animals, c AD 800. Keystone in tower east 'BK PB' wall of middle floor with inscription 1731 . Clock mechanism dated 1875. N Pevsner, Yorkshire North Riding, 1966, p133.

Listing NGR: SE4228873099

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 331240

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Yorkshire: The North Riding, (1966), 133

End of official listing