CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1150570

Date first listed: 03-Mar-1987

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1150570 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2018 at 20:02:46.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Harrogate (District Authority)

Parish: Dacre

National Grid Reference: SE 19761 62309

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

DACRE MAIN STREET SE 16 SE (north side) Dacre Banks 8/54 Church of the Holy Trinity

- II

Church. Dated 1837. Ashlar, purple slate roof. 3-stage west tower, 5-bay nave with south porch, short l-bay chancel. Early English style. Tower: angle buttresses, lancet windows to belfry stage, wooden clock face, battlemented parapet. Nave: board double doors to gabled porch which has datestone above lintel, kneelers, gable coping and stone gutters; lancet windows; 3-light east window to chancel. Gable copings, ridge finial to nave and cross to chancel east ends. Interior: aisleless nave with moulded ceiling cornice; 4-centred chancel arch. Possibly original font - a stone column with moulded base and cap and small bowl, no longer in use. Late C19 and C20 fittings. Said to have been designed by a young lady of the neighbourhood; in 1901 the interior was 'improved'. N Pevsner, Buildings of England: West Riding, 1967, p 173. H Speight, Nidderdale, 1894, p 244.

Listing NGR: SE1976162309

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 331183

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Radcliffe, E, The Buildings of England: Yorkshire: The West Riding, (1967), 173
Speight, H, Nidderdale, (1894), 244

End of official listing