This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

BARN APPROXIMATELY 15 METRES EAST OF MANOR HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: BARN APPROXIMATELY 15 METRES EAST OF MANOR HOUSE

List entry Number: 1150576

Location

BARN APPROXIMATELY 15 METRES EAST OF MANOR HOUSE, B6165

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Harrogate

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Hartwith cum Winsley

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 03-Mar-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 331198

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HARTWITH-CUM-WINSLEY B 6165 SE 26 SW (west side, off)

9/69 Barn approximately 15 metres east of Manor house

GV II

Barn and byre range. Probably C18 incorporating datestones of 1670 and 1656. For William or John Knighton. Coursed squared gritstone, graduated stone slate roof. Probably 6 bays. Quoins. Cart entrance to right of centre: chamfered quoined jambs, segmental arch. Byre door far right: ogee- chamfered lintel with traces of inscription, probably 'R 1656 B'. Pitching door with recessed chamfered surround upper floor left. Bulbous kneeler and gable coping to left. Left return: byre door right with ogee-chamfered lintel incribed WK 1670. The 1670 lintel is thought to have been removed from the Manor House (qv) when the porch was added by John Knighton in 1696. B Jennings, A History of Nidderdale, 1983, p 482.

Listing NGR: SE2032760559

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Jennings, B, A History of Nidderdale, (1983), 482

National Grid Reference: SE 20327 60559

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1150576 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2018 at 11:01:36.

End of official listing