PATELEY BRIDGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1150594
Date first listed:
06-Mar-1967
Statutory Address:
PATELEY BRIDGE, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of PATELEY BRIDGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1150594 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2019 at 19:30:02.

Location

Statutory Address:
PATELEY BRIDGE, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
North Yorkshire
District:
Harrogate (District Authority)
Parish:
Bewerley
County:
North Yorkshire
District:
Harrogate (District Authority)
Parish:
High and Low Bishopside
National Grid Reference:
SE1572665534

Details

The asset was previously list twice also under List entry 1150502, in the Parish of High and Low Bishopside. This entry was removed from the list on 6th May 2015. This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 01/02/2013

SE 16 NE 3/12 6.3.67

BEWERLEY MAIN STREET (south end) Pateley Bridge Pateley Bridge

II

Bridge. Late C18. Ashlar. 3 segmental arches, the western arch not over the river. Pointed cut-waters rise as pilaster buttresses to flat coping. Recessed voussoirs; projecting band at road level. The bridge straddles the boundary with High and Low Bishopside. H Speight, Nidderdale (1894) p 446.

Listing NGR: SE1572665534

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
331140
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Speight, H, Nidderdale, (1894), 446

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 23 Jan 2003
Reference: IOE01/09264/29
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs Jill Archer. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].