SOUTH KILBURN PARK AND ATTACHED OUTBUIDING

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1150683

Date first listed: 20-Dec-1988

Statutory Address: SOUTH KILBURN PARK AND ATTACHED OUTBUIDING

Map

Ordnance survey map of SOUTH KILBURN PARK AND ATTACHED OUTBUIDING
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1150683 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 06:04:15.

Location

Statutory Address: SOUTH KILBURN PARK AND ATTACHED OUTBUIDING

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Hambleton (District Authority)

Parish: Kilburn High and Low

National Grid Reference: SE 50110 78238

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

KILBURN HIGH AND LOW - SE 57 NW 5/9 South Kilburn Park and attached outbuilding GV II Farmhouse and attached outbuilding. Late C18, a quoin dated 1798, with earlier C18 rear ranges. Coursed squared herringbone-tooled limestone to front of main range, otherwise coursed rubble with sandstone quoins. Roofs of grey and purple slates and corrugated asbestos. 2 1/2-storey, 3-bay main range with 2-storey, 2-bay, set-back side wings, earlier 2-storey central rear wing and in angle to rear left earlier single-storey block. Main range: plinth; central 6-panel door with over- light flanked by 4-pane sashes with three 4-pane sashes to first floor and three short 8-pane sashes to second floor, all openings having vertically-tooled lintels and the windows projecting sills; eaves band; shaped kneelers, coping; grey slate roof with end stacks, that to right with cornice, that to left rebuilt in brick. Left wing (dairy with rooms above): break in masonry between bays, the left bay with a 4-pane side-sliding sash to ground floor, the right bay with a small square window with iron stanchion to each floor; purple slate roof. Right wing (outbuilding): no openings; raised verge with inturned kneeler and coping; corrugated asbestos roof. Rear: on left, the outbuilding has a quoin inscribed ' A C E 1798', a door on right and a door at higher level on left. The central gabled wing has: steps up to first floor, bulbous kneelers with moulded coping, rebuilt gable stack, and in left return a narrow. first-floor window with fixed leaded lights. On right, single-storey range has c1980 porch, window, slate roof and out- shut on right. Interior: main range has original panelled doors; in ground-floor left room cupboards flanking fireplace; closed-string dog-leg stair with elliptical handrail on stick balusters and turned newel; original fireplace with basket grate and stone surround in top right-hand room.

Listing NGR: SE5011078238

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 332867

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing