FORMER SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1150689
Date first listed:
20-Dec-1988
Statutory Address:
FORMER SCHOOL

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORMER SCHOOL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1150689 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Oct-2019 at 22:08:42.

Location

Statutory Address:
FORMER SCHOOL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
North Yorkshire
District:
Hambleton (District Authority)
Parish:
Kilburn High and Low
National Park:
NORTH YORK MOORS
National Grid Reference:
SE 51356 79592

Details

KILBURN HIGH AND LOW LOW KILBURN SE 5179 (east side) 8/23 Former School GV II

School now store. Dated 1841. For Edward, Archbishop of York. Coursed squared stone, purple slate roof. E-shaped plan, right limb projecting to rear; single storey, 4 bays, having projecting gabled central porch and outer bays. Porch has step up to board door under stone lintel. Flanking and outer bays each have a 2- light 16-pane side-sliding sash with stone lintel and projecting sill. Right-hand gable has a slit vent, left-hand gable a square plaque in raised stone surround commemorating the Archbishop, d 1847, who rebuilt the school, and above it a small rectangular opening with bell. Oversailing eaves on wooden brackets. Brick stack on right and to rear left. Outshut to right not of special interest. Rear: 2 windows as front to central bays; left bay, with C20 window, projects under hipped roof. Right return: 2 windows as front.

Listing NGR: SE5135679592

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
332881
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 18 Dec 2000
Reference: IOE01/03302/09
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Turner. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].