FARMBUILDINGS TO EAST EAST LODGE FARM

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1150801
Date first listed:
30-Aug-1988
Statutory Address:
FARMBUILDINGS TO EAST EAST LODGE FARM, KIRKLINGTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of FARMBUILDINGS TO EAST EAST LODGE FARM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1150801 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2019 at 05:44:45.

Location

Statutory Address:
FARMBUILDINGS TO EAST EAST LODGE FARM, KIRKLINGTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
North Yorkshire
District:
Hambleton (District Authority)
Parish:
Carthorpe
National Grid Reference:
SE 31470 82756

Details

CARTHORPE KIRSINGION ROAD SE 38 SW (east side, off) 6/12 Farmbuildings to East Lodge Farm

GV II

Industrial type farmbuildings. 1862. Red brick with dark red brick dressings and Welsh slate roof. Large complex comprises of 3 gabled tall single-storey ranges to south, to rear of them a taller 2-storey barn lying from west to east. To centre behind this at a right angle to centre another wing. Dark red brick quoins. South front: to each end a board door below basket-arched head. To centre: large tall wagon opening with basket-arched head. Above a sundial and stone tablet 'GIS 1862'. It is flanked by very large openings with basket-arched heads, with gates; these were the entrances to covered foldyards. To centre gabled section at north end a tall tapered square chimney. Back range has basket-arched doors, windows and entrances. All openings have dark red brick quoins and heads. Hipped roofs throughout. Listed for historic reasons as a particularly unaltered complex of industrial type farmbuildings.

Listing NGR: SE3147082756

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
332643
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 May 2005
Reference: IOE01/13803/05
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David H. Brown. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].