MARIGOLD HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1150849
Date first listed:
31-Mar-1970
Statutory Address:
MARIGOLD HALL, A19

Map

Ordnance survey map of MARIGOLD HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1150849 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Sep-2019 at 15:21:38.

Location

Statutory Address:
MARIGOLD HALL, A19

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
North Yorkshire
District:
Hambleton (District Authority)
Parish:
Landmoth-cum-Catto
National Grid Reference:
SE 42995 93117

Details

NORTH YORKSHIRE HAMBLETON 5337 LANDMOTH CUM CATTO A 19 SE 49 SW (west side, off) 4/16 Marigold Hall 31.3.70 - II House. Dated 1679 for William Morwood, and early C19. Ashlar, coursed squared stone, pantile roof. 5 bays, 2 storeys. 3 left-hand bays of 1679, those to right C19. Plinth. 3 left-hand bays break forward. To right bay of 1679 house is a half-glazed door set in pedimented surround with rusticated pilasters, in frieze are the letters " M " flanked by circles W A bearing date. Above this in moulded oval is a marigold flower. Superimposed on rusticated pilasters are taller Roman Doric pilasters on plinths which rise above frieze to a thinner moulded frieze; above, a broken and open segmental pediment. To far left is the right half of a similar doorcase. Between them are 2 tall 2-light chamfered mullion-and-transom windows with moulded architraves, pulvinated friezes and cornices. Above the right-hand one is a 2-light chamfered mullioned window. All these windows have single- pane fixed glazing. 2 right-hand bays have C20 casements with stone sills below flat stone arches. To right is a stone C20 porch. 1679 section has a moulded stone cornice, to right-hand corner is a square sundial with moulded cornice. Stone copings. End stack with moulded cornice to left. Ridge stack to right.

Listing NGR: SE4299593117

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
332448
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 09 Dec 2002
Reference: IOE01/09870/02
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr K. Paver. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].