POLICE STATION

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1150911

Date first listed: 29-Jan-1988

Statutory Address: POLICE STATION, A 684

Map

Ordnance survey map of POLICE STATION
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1150911 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 12:13:21.

Location

Statutory Address: POLICE STATION, A 684

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Hambleton (District Authority)

Parish: Aiskew

National Grid Reference: SE 26952 88374

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

AISKEW A 684 SE 28 NE (south side) 6/13 Police Station

_ II

Police station. 1904. Random coursed squared stone and ashlar, graduated stone slate roof. Main 2-storey, 4-bay block with a 2-storey, 2-bay block at a right angle on left to front. To rear of main block to sight a 1- storey wing. Neo-Jacobean. Main block: central board door in moulded chamfered quoined surround with 4-centred arch; flanked by chamfered 4-light mullion-and-transom windows with central major mullions. To right bay a small one-light chamfered window with arched head. Moulded first-floor string course, stepped above door. Above central 2-light chamfered mullion window flanked by 4-light chamfered mullioned windows, with central major mullions. Bracketed eaves. 2 ridge stacks. Left court house wing: plinth, left return has large 4-light chamfered mullion-and-transom window through both floors. To left a board door in chamfered surround with 4-centred arch and hoodmould. First floor: 4-light chamfered mullion window. This bay is gableted. To gable end a 4-light chamfered mullion window and a small one- light opening with arched head to its right. Above a coat of arms in a Doric surround; sill on consoles, pilasters with obelisks over, frieze, cornice. In the frieze is the inscription 'Pax et Justitia', below the coat of arms it is inscribed 'Court house erected AD 1904'. To left return of main block is a full-height gabled porch with board door in chamfered moulded surround and 4-centred arch. 2 ridge stacks to main block and one to rear.

Listing NGR: SE2695288374

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 332296

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing