CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1150995
Date first listed:
31-Mar-1970
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, YAFFORTH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1150995 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 27-Jun-2019 at 02:09:45.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, YAFFORTH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
North Yorkshire
District:
Hambleton (District Authority)
Parish:
Yafforth
National Grid Reference:
SE 34434 94489

Details

YAFFORTH YAFFORTH ROAD SE 39 SW (north side, off) 6/42 Church of All Saints 9/11 31.3.70 GV II Church. Virtually rebuilt in 1870 by J P Pritchett with a Norman window on the west side of the tower. Ashlar and coursed rubble stone graduated slate roofs. West tower, nave with south porch, chancel. Early English style. Tower: 3 storeys with angle buttresses, a blank circular reveal, pointed-arch belfry windows of 2 cusped lights and a quatrefoil under hoodmoulds. String, parapet. Nave: 3 bays defined by buttresses. Porch in first bay has pointed- arch doorway with responds, hoodmould and wrought-iron gates. South door incorporates earlier Norman work. To right of porch: chamfered band. 2 pointed-arch windows of 2-cusped lights and a quatrefoil under hoodmoulds. Chancel: 2 bays. Buttresses and band as nave. Shouldered-arch single-light window and priests door. Flat-arched window of 3 cusped lights with hoodmould. Pointed-arch plate-traceried east window. Shaped kneelers, stone coping; gable cross to chancel. Interior: octagonal font dated 1663 with initials and geometrical patterns.

Listing NGR: SE3443494489

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
332087
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].