SKATING POND LINING AND TANK APPROX 150 METRES TO NORTH NORTH WEST OF HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1151002
Date first listed:
20-Oct-1986
Statutory Address:
SKATING POND LINING AND TANK APPROX 150 METRES TO NORTH NORTH WEST OF HALL, BENINGBROUGH HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of SKATING POND LINING AND TANK APPROX 150 METRES TO NORTH NORTH WEST OF HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1151002 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Jun-2019 at 02:48:39.

Location

Statutory Address:
SKATING POND LINING AND TANK APPROX 150 METRES TO NORTH NORTH WEST OF HALL, BENINGBROUGH HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
North Yorkshire
District:
Hambleton (District Authority)
Parish:
Beningbrough
National Grid Reference:
SE 51579 58741

Details

SE 55 NW BENINGBROUGH BENINGBROUGH HALL

4/6 Skating pond lining and tank approx 150 m to north-north-west of hall GV II Skating pond lining and tank. c1900. For the Dawnays of Beningbrough Hall. Stone. Irregular square-ended gourd-shaped plan. Shallow stone lining to pond with iron- grille over drain in bottom on south side. Outside the pond next to this drain is a stone slab covering a tank. The plan of the pond is presumably of a design to enable skaters to move in a figure of 8. Water was pumped up from the River Ouse by means of a pump house (q.v.). It was constructed between the surveys taken for the 1893 and 1907 Ordnance Survey maps. A second skating pond to the south-west of the hall is now partly infilled.

Listing NGR: SE5157958741

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
332099
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 32 North Yorkshire,

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].