LADY CROSS, APPROXIMATELY 1000 METRES SOUTH WEST OF JUNCTION WITH WINDLEDEN LANE ON OLD SALT ROAD

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1151101
Date first listed:
21-Jul-1986
Statutory Address:
LADY CROSS, APPROXIMATELY 1000 METRES SOUTH WEST OF JUNCTION WITH WINDLEDEN LANE ON OLD SALT ROAD, WOODHEAD ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of LADY CROSS, APPROXIMATELY 1000 METRES SOUTH WEST OF JUNCTION WITH WINDLEDEN LANE ON OLD SALT ROAD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1151101 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2019 at 02:25:24.

Location

Statutory Address:
LADY CROSS, APPROXIMATELY 1000 METRES SOUTH WEST OF JUNCTION WITH WINDLEDEN LANE ON OLD SALT ROAD, WOODHEAD ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Barnsley (Metropolitan Authority)
Parish:
Langsett
National Park:
PEAK DISTRICT
National Grid Reference:
SK 14838 99737

Details

SK19NW DUNFORD WOODHEAD ROAD SK14839975 (south side) Dunford 8/22 Lady Cross, approx. 1000 metres south-west of junction with Windleden Lane on old salt road II Cross base. Date uncertain but referred to in documents of 1509, 1547 and 1695. Millstone grit. Square base, approx. 750mm across. Chamfered corners. Square socket. A triangular shaft has been inserted at a later date. The cross is situated on an old salt route from Cheshire and is on the boundary of the Dunford and Langsett parishes.

Listing NGR: SK1483899737

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
333802
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 14 Sep 2003
Reference: IOE01/10746/25
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs Barbara A West. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].