CHURCH OF ST ANNE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1151135
Date first listed:
21-Jul-1986
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST ANNE, BROOK HILL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST ANNE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1151135 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2019 at 07:10:17.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST ANNE, BROOK HILL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Barnsley (Metropolitan Authority)
Parish:
Dunford
National Grid Reference:
SE 17845 03317

Details

S310SE DUNFORD BROOK HILL LANE (south side, off) Carlecotes 5/4 Church of St. Anne GV II Church. Dated 1856. By George Shaw of saddleworth for John Chapman. Pitch-faced stone. Interlocking concrete tile roof. 4-bay nave, 2-bay chancel, south porch, north vestry. Diagonal buttresses mark the bay divisions. Above the inner door is an inscribed stone ribbon recording that the church was erected by John Chapman of Carlecotes and Mottram, the foundation stone was laid by his eldest son Edward on 19th September 1856 and it was opened on 28th June 1857. Two-light nave windows with Decorated tracery. Small 2-light chancel windows with cusped lights. Three-light east window with Curvilinear tracery. Small 2-light west window. Interior: arch-braced roof trusses. Contemporary fittings include stone font with very elaborate oak cover. Elaborate oak pulpit, reading desk and canopied choir stalls.

Listing NGR: SE1784503317

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
333784
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 Sep 2007
Reference: IOE01/16874/19
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Keeble. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].