STABLE RANGE TO NORTH OF BUSBY HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1151371
Date first listed:
30-Oct-1990
Statutory Address:
STABLE RANGE TO NORTH OF BUSBY HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLE RANGE TO NORTH OF BUSBY HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1151371 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2019 at 19:31:22.

Location

Statutory Address:
STABLE RANGE TO NORTH OF BUSBY HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
North Yorkshire
District:
Hambleton (District Authority)
Parish:
Little Busby
National Park:
NORTH YORK MOORS
National Grid Reference:
NZ 51539 04165

Details

NZ 50 SW LITTLE BUSBY 10/162 Stable range to north of Busby Hall GV II Stables and tackrooms. Mid C18, C19 and circa 1900. Herringbone- tooled coursed sandstone; older part grey pantiled roof, later part Welsh slate. Stone and brick chimneys; pantiled on last addition. Southern (older) part L-shaped, enclosing the green north of Busby Hall. 1 storey and loft, 9 bays. At left 2 segment-headed carriage arches with cut voussoirs and keystones, boarded doors. Next 3 openings, 1 blocked, 2 with 12-pane sashes. At right 4 openings, one a door, the rest blocked. 3-light sliding sash above. Roof hipped at left; brick chimney on front slope. Left return is later part: 2 storeys, 5 bays. Plinth. Boarded door in second bay from right. 24-pane sashes below, 12-pane pivoted windows above except for loading door with hoist under coped central gable. Latest left extension 2 storeys, 3 narrow bays. 2 small ground- floor windows. Lateral wood stair to landing in front of big first-floor double doors, with segment-headed overlight, under a coped gable. Rear elevation of original stables altered circa 1900 with new windows of ovolo woodwork within chamfered openings. Earlier C20 garage and washing shed, inserted in stable yard, is now much altered and decayed and not of special interest.

Listing NGR: NZ5153904165

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
333221
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].