This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

List entry Number: 1151374

Location

CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, INGLEBY CROSS

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Hambleton

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Ingleby Arncliffe

National Park: NORTH YORK MOORS

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 23-Jun-1966

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 333124

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

INGLEBY ARNCLIFFE INGLEBY CROSS NZ 40 SE East side (off) 9/6 Church of 23/6/66 All Saints II*

Parish church, rebuilt 1821 on medieval site and including some old masonry. Coursed tooled sandstone with Welsh slate roof. North tower-porch, nave and chancel with north vestry; Tudor style with Perp. east window. Tower of 2 stages holds restored Norman entrance arch of 2 chamfered orders the outer on shafts with rudimentary scalloped capitals; hoodmould over. Blank roundel above, under band below bell stage which has paired, round-arched openings. Eaves band and parapet with angle pyramids. 3-bay nave has Tudor-arched sashes with glazing bars and interlaced heads. Chancel blank but for priest's door on south. Vestry on north has similar window to nave, and small pent east extension.

Interior plastered. 1821 pulpit and box pews throughout. Plain round font of uncertain date. In chancel 2 earlier C14 effigies, with hearts in hands, in armour with ailettes (steel shoulder plates, origin of modern epaulettes) a very rare feature. Pevsner North Riding p.200.

Listing NGR: NZ4527100270

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Yorkshire: The North Riding, (1966), 200

National Grid Reference: NZ 45271 00270

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1151374 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Sep-2018 at 03:26:29.

End of official listing