MILEPOST APPROXIMATELY 180 METRES SOUTH OF JUNCTION WITH HOLME LANE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1151476
Date first listed:
23-Mar-1988
Statutory Address:
MILEPOST APPROXIMATELY 180 METRES SOUTH OF JUNCTION WITH HOLME LANE, DONCASTER ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of MILEPOST APPROXIMATELY 180 METRES SOUTH OF JUNCTION WITH HOLME LANE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1151476 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Jul-2019 at 00:09:59.

Location

Statutory Address:
MILEPOST APPROXIMATELY 180 METRES SOUTH OF JUNCTION WITH HOLME LANE, DONCASTER ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Doncaster (Metropolitan Authority)
Parish:
Owston
National Grid Reference:
SE5608910013

Details

ADWICK-LE-STREET DONCASTER ROAD SE 51 SE (east side)

4/12 Milepost approximately 180 metres south of junction with with Holme Lane II Milepost. 1832-33. Magnesian limestone. Short, rectangular-sectioned pillar with triangular head. Inscription on front face reads:

DONCASTER / 4½ MILES / ASKERN 2½ / SELBY 15½ / YORK 30

One of a series that are probably original to the Doncaster-York road as turnpiked following an act of 6th June, 1832. Situated on boundary with the parish of Owston.

Copy of the Doncaster-Selby turnpike statute in Doncaster Library Service Archives, King Edwards Road, Balby.

Listing NGR: SE5608610013

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
334876
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 15 Aug 2005
Reference: IOE01/13380/13
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David Clayton. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].