L SHAPED BARN RANGE APPROXIMATELY 25 METRES TO NORTH OF LAMBCOTE GRANGE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1151498

Date first listed: 26-Nov-1987

Statutory Address: L SHAPED BARN RANGE APPROXIMATELY 25 METRES TO NORTH OF LAMBCOTE GRANGE FARMHOUSE, FISH POND LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of L SHAPED BARN RANGE APPROXIMATELY 25 METRES TO NORTH OF LAMBCOTE GRANGE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1151498 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Dec-2018 at 09:12:22.

Location

Statutory Address: L SHAPED BARN RANGE APPROXIMATELY 25 METRES TO NORTH OF LAMBCOTE GRANGE FARMHOUSE, FISH POND LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Doncaster (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: Stainton

National Grid Reference: SK 53735 93691

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

STAINTON FISH POND LANE SK59SW (north side) 8/52 L-shaped barn range approximately 25 metres to north of Lambcote Grange Farmhouse

GV II

Barn and cowhouses with loft. Dated MMP/l694, altered. Magnesian limestone rubble, sheet asbestos roof. 2-storey, L-shaped range comprising an 8-bay barn (orientated north-south) with 4-bay cowhouse projecting east at north end. Barn (west side): large quoins; altered central waggon entrance; 3 ground-floor slit vents on left beneath 3 original openings with chamfered ashlar surrounds (central opening altered, outer openings mostly intact); brick addition to right of waggon entrance (not of special interest). East side has opposed waggon entrance with original chamfered ashlar surround and segmental arch; other later openings. South gable oculus with ashlar surround dated 'MMP/1694'. North end has slit vents. Cowhouse wing (south side): original doorway, adjacent to barn, has chamfered ashlar surround; another doorway on right with wooden lintel and ashlar surround facing interior; 2 slit vents on right. 1st floor: recessed chamfered single-light window on right of bonded ashlar loading doorway (now infilled and with slatted casement); external stone steps against right gable. North side: remains of 3 original chamfered ashlar openings; others inserted. Interior: 3 original principal-rafter trusses, at south end of barn, have raking struts. Similar trusses over cowhouse, single purlins, rafters laid flat. Presumably built by the Purslove family soon after purchase of Lambcote Grange in 1690 (indenture preserved in house q.v.). Other attached farmbuildings not of special interest.

Listing NGR: SK5373593691

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 334826

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing