GARAGE PREMISES OF BARTON OF BAWTRY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1151544

Date first listed: 05-Jun-1968

Date of most recent amendment: 11-Jan-1988

Statutory Address: GARAGE PREMISES OF BARTON OF BAWTRY, 9, 11 AND 13, HIGH STREET

Statutory Address: GARAGE PREMISES OF BARTON OF BAWTRY, 9, 11 AND 13, MARKET PLACE

Map

Ordnance survey map of GARAGE PREMISES OF BARTON OF BAWTRY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1151544 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 06:51:24.

Location

Statutory Address: GARAGE PREMISES OF BARTON OF BAWTRY, 9, 11 AND 13, HIGH STREET

Statutory Address: GARAGE PREMISES OF BARTON OF BAWTRY, 9, 11 AND 13, MARKET PLACE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Doncaster (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: Bawtry

National Grid Reference: SK 65114 92961

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK69SE BAWTRY HIGH STREET (west side), Market Place 10/25 Nos 9, 11 and 13 5th June 1968 (garage premises of Barton of Bawtry). (Formerly listed as 11-13 Market Place) GV II House and attached cottage now garage premises. Dated 'WTE/1691'; cottage has probably early C17 core encased early C19; C20 alterations. Cottage has fragmentary internal timber framing; painted brick with pantile and Welsh slate roofs. 2-storey, 8-bay house of 1691 with wing to rear right and 2 gabled wings in rear-left angle; low 2-storey, 3-bay cottage forms wing set back on left. Main house: altered ground floor has part-glazed doors to bays 1, 4 and 6; bays 2 and 3 have a 6-light showroom door with glazing bars in corniced surround; bay-5 shop window in pilastered and corniced surround; bays 7 and 8 have old sashes with glazing bars. To mid-floor level at each end of facade are stone plaques with relief carvings of lions (said to have come from Old St. Georges' Church, Doncaster). 1st floor: sashes with glazing bars in flush wooden architraves, those to bays 1-3 later and with horned sash frames; bays 7 and 8 have C20 casements with glazing bars; date plaque over bay 4. Boxed eaves to hipped pantile roof with 2 brick ridge stacks. Cottage forming wing on left: C20 addition to bay 1 (not of special interest); bay 2 has shop window on left of part- glazed door; bay 3 has 4-pane sash to left of part-glazed door. lst floor: two horizontally-sliding sashes with glazing bars. Dentilled eaves to steeply-pitched Welsh slate roof with brick end stack on left and stack between bays 2 and 3, both stacks set forward of ridge.

Listing NGR: SK6511492961

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 334724

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing