THE VILLAGE HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1151558

Date first listed: 11-Jan-1988

Date of most recent amendment: 16-Mar-1988

Statutory Address: THE VILLAGE HALL, OLD BAWTRY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE VILLAGE HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1151558 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 09:14:32.

Location

Statutory Address: THE VILLAGE HALL, OLD BAWTRY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Doncaster (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: Finningley

National Grid Reference: SK 67070 99150

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK69NE FINNINGLEY OLD BAWTRY ROAD (west side) 8/63 Parish Council Rooms - II The entry shall be amended to read:-

SK69NE FINNINGLEY OLD BAWTRY ROAD (west side) 8/63 The Village Hall (formerly the Finningley C of E School) - II

------------------------------------

SK69NE FINNINGLEY OLD BAWTRY ROAD (west side) 8/63 Parish Council Rooms - - II School now parish council rooms. Converted from an C18 barn into school c1839 (Woodhouse pp 40-41); altered. Painted brick, renewed pantile roof. 1-storey, 5 bays. Central doorway with wide, studded door in eared architrave; shaped plaque above has arms and inscription: 'THIS SCHOOL AND THE ADJOINING HOUSE/WERE PRESENTED TO THE PARISH/ OF FINNINGLEY/AND ENDOWED WITH AN ANNUAL INCOME OF/TWENTY POUNDS/ BY/JOHN HARVEY ESQ/OF ICKWELL BURY/AD 1855' Other bays have projecting stone sills to large C20 casements with glazing bars beneath flat arches with keystones. Dentilled eaves. Remains of wooden bellcote at right end of ridge. Rev. Woodhouse (op.cit) notes that in 1836 £100 was given by John Harvey to buy a church clock; the money was eventually used to convert this building from a barn into a school room, (the freehold of which was given to the parish in 1855). Rev. G. A. Woodhouse, Finningley, 1877.

Listing NGR: SK6707099150

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 334764

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Woodhouse, G , Finningley, (1877)

End of official listing