COACHHOUSE IMMEDIATELY TO SOUTH WEST OF HATFIELD HOUSE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1151587

Date first listed: 29-Sep-1987

Statutory Address: COACHHOUSE IMMEDIATELY TO SOUTH WEST OF HATFIELD HOUSE FARMHOUSE, MANOR ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of COACHHOUSE IMMEDIATELY TO SOUTH WEST OF HATFIELD HOUSE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1151587 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 02:32:19.

Location

Statutory Address: COACHHOUSE IMMEDIATELY TO SOUTH WEST OF HATFIELD HOUSE FARMHOUSE, MANOR ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Doncaster (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: Hatfield

National Grid Reference: SE 66106 09094

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HATFIELD MANOR ROAD SE 6609 (SE 60 NE) (west side) 16/46 Coachhouse immediately to south-west of Hatfield House Farmhouse (By II Coachhouse. Dated 1789. Red brick in English garden wall bond with ashlar dressings, stone slate eaves courses to pantile roof. 2 storeys 1 : 1 : 1 bays an west side with central bay set forwards. Large quoins. Quoined central bay has large boarded doors beneath round arch with impost band and keystone. Impost band continues to left over garage doors set in recessed round-arched panel with keystone; similar panel to bay 3. Eaves band continues across gabled central bay; which has ledge to keyed lunette in tympanum. Shaped kneelers and gable copings; ball finials with bands on left and to each side of gable. Roar: central basket archway now bricked up; bricked-up lunette over; other openings include door to 1st floor on right flanked by slatted casements and bricked-up pitching holes on left. Right return: two boarded ground-floor openings flank a boarded pitching hole with another in gable; the numerals of date 1789 form tie-rod ends. Left return: tie rods ends have initials 'W.G'. Former stable-block serving Hatfield House (demolished), the initials are those of William Gossip who married into the Hatfield family.

Listing NGR: SE6610609094

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 334621

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing