GRAVESLAB (COULDWELL) APPROXIMATELY 8 METRES SOUTH WEST OF TOWER OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1151742
Date first listed:
23-Nov-1987
Statutory Address:
GRAVESLAB (COULDWELL) APPROXIMATELY 8 METRES SOUTH WEST OF TOWER OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of GRAVESLAB (COULDWELL) APPROXIMATELY 8 METRES SOUTH WEST OF TOWER OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1151742 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Oct-2019 at 16:22:34.

Location

Statutory Address:
GRAVESLAB (COULDWELL) APPROXIMATELY 8 METRES SOUTH WEST OF TOWER OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Barnsley (Metropolitan Authority)
Parish:
Silkstone
National Grid Reference:
SE 29056 05838

Details

SE 2906 SILKSTONE HIGH STREET (East side)

11/159 Graveslab (Couldwell) approx 8 metres south west of tower of Church of All Saints

GV II

Graveslab. c1711. Sandstone slab with incised decoration to edges and dividing the stone lengthways each part with arched decoration at top. The left part is dedicated to: Elizabeth the daughter of John Couldwell of Simhill d. 28th December 1711, aged 19 years. Below, in later lettering: Sarah wife of James Hirst d. 15th September 1740. The right part is dedicated to: John son of John Couldwell of Simhill d. 23rd October 1711. Also James Hirst d. January 10th 1771 aged 81 years.

Listing NGR: SE2905605838

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
334288
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Sep 2007
Reference: IOE01/16883/01
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Keeble. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].