CLARKE GRAVESLAB APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH PORCH OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1151758
Date first listed:
23-Nov-1987
Statutory Address:
CLARKE GRAVESLAB APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH PORCH OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CLARKE GRAVESLAB APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH PORCH OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1151758 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2019 at 06:07:38.

Location

Statutory Address:
CLARKE GRAVESLAB APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH PORCH OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Barnsley (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 31092 09887

Details

SE 3109 DARTON CHURCH STREET (south side)

8/91 Clarke graveslab approx 20 metres south of west side of south porch of Church of All Saints

GV II

Graveslab. c1758. Sandstone slab with moulded edge and arched decoration at head with stylised winged angels. To: George Clarke of Higham d. January 30th 1758 aged 61 years. Also Elizabeth wife of James Lang and daughter of George and Mary Clarke d. February 25the 1795 aged 27 years. Also the above Mark Clarke d. 22nd December 1803 aged 57 years. Also the above George Clarke d. December 11th 1813 aged 74 years. Also another daughter, Martha d. 1827.



Listing NGR: SE3109209887

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
334218
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 01 Jul 2005
Reference: IOE01/14593/21
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr W. Robin Hodges. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].