TWO GRAVESLABS (DURY AND UNNAMED) APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH PORCH OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1151760
Date first listed:
23-Nov-1987
Statutory Address:
TWO GRAVESLABS (DURY AND UNNAMED) APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH PORCH OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of TWO GRAVESLABS (DURY AND UNNAMED) APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH PORCH OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1151760 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2019 at 08:31:31.

Location

Statutory Address:
TWO GRAVESLABS (DURY AND UNNAMED) APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH PORCH OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Barnsley (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 31094 09895

Details

SE 3109 DARTON CHURCH STREET (South side)

8/93 Two graveslabs (Dury and unnamed) approx 10 metres south of south porch of Church of !ll Saints

GV II

Two graveslabs. c1723 and medieval. Sandstone slabs.

The left slab is plain with simple decoration at top and with a line dividing the two inscriptions. To: Anthony Dury of Schires Moor d. 21st May 1723 aged 56 years. Also Margaret wife of James Craven d. May 23rd 1737 aged 83 years. Also James Craven of Schires Moor d. November 8th 1763.

The right slab is medieval and piain apart from an incised fleury cross with stepped base.

Listing NGR: SE3109409895

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
334220
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 21 Jun 2005
Reference: IOE01/14593/13
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr W. Robin Hodges. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].