GRAVE SLAB (STREETE) APPROXIMATELY 3 METRES SOUTH OF EAST END OF NAVE OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1151816
Date first listed:
23-Nov-1987
Statutory Address:
GRAVE SLAB (STREETE) APPROXIMATELY 3 METRES SOUTH OF EAST END OF NAVE OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of GRAVE SLAB (STREETE) APPROXIMATELY 3 METRES SOUTH OF EAST END OF NAVE OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1151816 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2019 at 22:21:12.

Location

Statutory Address:
GRAVE SLAB (STREETE) APPROXIMATELY 3 METRES SOUTH OF EAST END OF NAVE OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Barnsley (Metropolitan Authority)
Parish:
Cawthorne
National Grid Reference:
SE 28508 07950

Details

SE 2807 CAWTHORNE CHURCH ROAD (East end)

10/31. Grave slab (Streete) approx 3 metres south of east end of nave of Church of All Saints'

GV II

Grave slab. c1729. Simple sandstone slab with arched decoration at top. To John son of John Streete of Cawthorne d. 18th April 1729 in his 41st year. "Above this stone lyeth the body of Thomas ye son of John Streete of Cawthorne he was interred in his brother Joshua gave he departed this life ye 22nd day of January 1742 in the 62nd year of his age. "Also Martha daughter of George and Mary MiIner d. 10th August 1776 aged 36 years.

Listing NGR: SE2850807950

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
334157
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 13 Jul 2004
Reference: IOE01/12668/29
Rights: Copyright IoE Ms Bronwen Stone. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].