GATEWAY APPROXIMATELY 30 METRES TO NORTH WEST OF OLD HALL FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1151839
Date first listed:
29-Mar-1968
Date of most recent amendment:
01-Apr-1987
Statutory Address:
GATEWAY APPROXIMATELY 30 METRES TO NORTH WEST OF OLD HALL FARMHOUSE, HIGH STREET, S25 1YF

Map

Ordnance survey map of GATEWAY APPROXIMATELY 30 METRES TO NORTH WEST OF OLD HALL FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1151839 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2019 at 09:41:07.

Location

Statutory Address:
GATEWAY APPROXIMATELY 30 METRES TO NORTH WEST OF OLD HALL FARMHOUSE, HIGH STREET, S25 1YF

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Rotherham (Metropolitan Authority)
Parish:
Laughton-en-le-Morthen
National Grid Reference:
SK 51812 88142

Details

This List entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 06/02/2017

SK 58 NW, 7/116

LAUGHTON-EN-LE-MORTHEN, HIGH STREET (south side), Gateway approximately 30 metres to north-west of Old Hall Farmhouse

(Parish previously listed as: Thurcroft)

(Formerly listed as Garden Gateway at The Old Hall)

29.03.68

GV

II

Gateway. Dated 1742. Ashlar magnesian limestone. Square columns with projecting bands of decorated rustication support keyed lintel surmounted by frieze with carved device off central panel and rusticated corner blocks. Cornice with scrolls flanking vase finial. Rear: central panel on frieze inscribed 'PAX 1742'.

Listing NGR: SK5181288142

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
335991
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 21 Aug 2002
Reference: IOE01/07423/11
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David Clayton. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].