LOW FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1151876
Date first listed:
29-Mar-1968
Statutory Address:
LOW FARMHOUSE, CARR LANE, S66 8PW

Map

Ordnance survey map of LOW FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1151876 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Aug-2019 at 18:37:57.

Location

Statutory Address:
LOW FARMHOUSE, CARR LANE, S66 8PW

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Rotherham (Metropolitan Authority)
Parish:
Laughton-en-le-Morthen
National Grid Reference:
SK 50996 90324

Details

This List entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 10/02/2017

SK 59 SW, 3/103

LAUGHTON-EN-LE-MORTHEN, CARR, Carr Lane (west side), Low Farmhouse

(Parish formerly listed as: Thurcroft)

29.03.68

II

Farmhouse of C16 origin, dated 1676, altered C19 and C20. Coursed, squared limestone, C20 pantile roof. L-shaped plan. Two storeys, two windows to 1st floor, wing to rear right. Large quoins. C20 door flanked on left by C20 three-light casement beneath concreted dripstone and 2 similar windows on right. 1st floor: 2-light casement on left in former 3-light double- chamfered surround with dripstone; similar casement on right in former 2-light surround. Oversailing eaves; roof hipped on right and with end stack on left. Right return: part-glazed door in stone architrave with another blocked ashlar door surround on right now a window; two double-chamfered windows on left have dripstones but no mullions retrain; two double-chamfered window surrounds to 1st floor. Left return: two intact single-light windows to ground and 1st floors (the upper windows blind); oval gable light with keyed surround bearing date 16 / 76. Interior: rear wing incorporates fragmentary remains of a 2-bay timber-framed building exposed during renovation work c1977.

Notes in South Yorkshire County Ancient Monuments and Sites Record, Sheffield, primary index No 1471.



Listing NGR: SK5099690324

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
335978
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].