HEADSTONES TO JOHN BERRY AND THOMAS MORTON SITUATED APPROXIMATELY 4 METRES TO SOUTH EAST OF PORCH TO CHURCH OF ST PETER

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1151902
Date first listed:
15-Oct-1986
Statutory Address:
HEADSTONES TO JOHN BERRY AND THOMAS MORTON SITUATED APPROXIMATELY 4 METRES TO SOUTH EAST OF PORCH TO CHURCH OF ST PETER, HARTHIILL ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of HEADSTONES TO JOHN BERRY AND THOMAS MORTON SITUATED APPROXIMATELY 4 METRES TO SOUTH EAST OF PORCH TO CHURCH OF ST PETER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1151902 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Jul-2019 at 03:18:35.

Location

Statutory Address:
HEADSTONES TO JOHN BERRY AND THOMAS MORTON SITUATED APPROXIMATELY 4 METRES TO SOUTH EAST OF PORCH TO CHURCH OF ST PETER, HARTHIILL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Rotherham (Metropolitan Authority)
Parish:
Thorpe Salvin
National Grid Reference:
SK 52044 81142

Details

THORPE SALVIN HARTHILL ROAD SK58SW (north side, off) 5/90 Headstones to John Berry and Thomas Morton situated approximately 4 metres to south-east of porch to Church of St. Peter

GV II

Pair of headstones, Early and mid C18. Ashlar limestone. Small double headstone to John and Martha Berry situated on left of larger rectangular slab to Thomas Morton (d 1757) and wife Sarah (d 1787). Berry monument has rounded heads to 2 panels, inscription to John on left beneath carved panel, inscription to Martha on right with carved panel depicting skull and cross-bones and an hourglass. Morton monument has finely-carved inscription flanked by fluting. Good examples of their respective periods.

Listing NGR: SK5204981140

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
335838
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Sep 2001
Reference: IOE01/05436/24
Rights: Copyright IoE Paul Eggleston. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].