MANOR FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1151990
Date first listed:
09-Jul-1951
Statutory Address:
MANOR FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1151990.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2019 at 11:08:37.

Location

Statutory Address:
MANOR FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
Breckland (District Authority)
Parish:
Bradenham
National Grid Reference:
TF 94405 08260

Details

BRADENHAM EAST BRADENHAM TF 90 NW 6/6 Manor Farmhouse 9:7:51 GV II Farmhouse. Late C16, extended during C17 and refaced during late C18. Timber frame largely replaced with brick. Black pantile roof. Central 2- storeyed porch to west facade and later service wing to rear forming a T. 2 storeys with disused attic. Porch with painted eared architrave and moulded brick pediment to segmentally arched entrance. Modern 2-leaf door. Large painted sundial above with a blade gnomon. The date 1671 is cut through the blade and may correspond to the date of the whole porch. Single angled chimney shaft to porch gable. Sash window with glazing bars to north side and blocked original window to south. Facade of 5 bays of sash windows with glazing bars beneath skewback arches. 2 C18 lead downpipes with hoppers. Early C19 projecting eaves with paired brackets. C17 gable-ends with stacks each having 3 angled interconnecting shafts. Off-centre axial stack with rebuilt shaft. C19 service wing to rear with 4 cast iron casement windows with small panes. Interior. Surviving joists, ties and some wall posts of timber frame. Steeply pitched C18 roof with collars and 2 sets of wedge- tenoned butt purlins. One surviving principal rafter of original roof with former collar and butt-purlins. Winding stair from first floor to attic. Some re-positioned oak panelling.

Listing NGR: TF9440508260

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
221003
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 02 Nov 2006
Reference: IOE01/16175/26
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Kenneth D'Maurney-Gibbons. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].