PAIR OF MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, CIRCA 8 METRES EAST OF THE CHANCEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1152100

Date first listed: 12-Feb-1988

Statutory Address: PAIR OF MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, CIRCA 8 METRES EAST OF THE CHANCEL

Map

Ordnance survey map of PAIR OF MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, CIRCA 8 METRES EAST OF THE CHANCEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1152100 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 09:51:13.

Location

Statutory Address: PAIR OF MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, CIRCA 8 METRES EAST OF THE CHANCEL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold (District Authority)

Parish: Chedworth

National Grid Reference: SP 05192 12117

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CHEDWORTH CHEDWORTH VILLAGE SP 0512 10/49 Pair of monuments in the churchyard of the Church of St Andrew, c8m east of the chancel

GV II

Chest tomb and ledger. a) Chest tomb to Charles Turk of Coln St Dennis, died November 30th, 1831, and Elizabeth his daughter, died 1803. Limestone. Inscription to Charles Turk on the south side with quadrant corners and fluted marginal panels. Capping with moulded margin and hipped upper capping stone with stepped and moulded elements with roll-moulded and gadrooned ridge. b) Ledger c0.7m to the north of the latter to Mary Court, died 1782 and Thomas Court, died 1805. Cast iron inscription in raised lettering. A very unusual form, with good lettering.

Listing NGR: SP0519212117

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 131075

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing