NO 89 (MIDLAND BANK). NO 91

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1152151

Date first listed: 28-Nov-1950

Date of most recent amendment: 04-Oct-1973

Statutory Address: NO 89 (MIDLAND BANK). NO 91, 89 AND 91, CHEAP STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of NO 89 (MIDLAND BANK). NO 91
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1152151 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Dec-2018 at 18:26:15.

Location

Statutory Address: NO 89 (MIDLAND BANK). NO 91, 89 AND 91, CHEAP STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Dorset

District: West Dorset (District Authority)

Parish: Sherborne

National Grid Reference: ST 63909 16503

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CHEAP STREET 1. 1625 (North East Side) No 89 [Midland Bank], No 91 (Formerly listed as Premises occupied by Dorothy Gibson (Hats) and Premises occupied by A Stevens, South Street). ST 6316 1/219 28.11.50. II GV 2. 2 storey, 5 window painted stone front, probably early C19. Roof and dormers new. 1st floor sash windows have segmental herds and keystones, glazing bars altered. Above ground floor is continuous projecting hood on paired brackets. Bracket eaves cornice also. Bank front to left hand to No 89, modern plate-glass shop front to right hand to No 91 (the latter formerly an open butcher's shop with brass rails for hanging joints and with gateway to right hand). In centre is round-headed doorway with painted stone flat archivolt with projecting keystone and imposts. Gothic glazing bars to fanlight. Behind, in vestibule, a doorway with semi-circular fanlight with tracery; fluted impost; glazed door with Gothic glazing in upper part and 2 fielded panels at base. Round-headed arch in Passage behind.

Nos 89 to 93 (odd) form a group with adjoining premises occupied by Johnsons in South Street.

Listing NGR: ST6391316513

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 103896

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing