THE DIGBY TAP INN

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1152220

Date first listed: 30-Nov-1971

Statutory Address: THE DIGBY TAP INN, COOK'S LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE DIGBY TAP INN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1152220 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 11-Dec-2018 at 04:19:10.

Location

Statutory Address: THE DIGBY TAP INN, COOK'S LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Dorset

District: West Dorset (District Authority)

Parish: Sherborne

National Grid Reference: ST 63834 16333

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

COOK'S LANE 1. 1625 The Digby Tap Inn ST 6316 1/76 30.11.71. II 2. Stone rubble building of mid C16 to C17 origin, with later alterations. South end has evidently been demolished and the end wall re-built in brick. Front is cement-rendered and has early C19 sash windows and doorway with moulded architrave, angle roundels and pediment. 6-panelled doors, upper 4 panels moulded. At south end of front is 3-light stone-mullioned window with remains of hood mould. Moulded beam internally. Rear wings are lower. West wing of stone rubble with plaintile roof. From right to left, 3-light sash above with horizontally sliding sash below and to left hand again below a fixed window with small panes. East rear wing again lower with stone slate roof. At right hand end, double ledged doors with voussoirs; to left hand, fixed 2-light segmental headed window; to left again, ledged door and a 3 pane wide fixed window. Marked as the parish workhouse on plan of 1802.

Listing NGR: ST6383416333

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 103940

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing