STREET FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1152240
Date first listed:
23-Jun-1952
Statutory Address:
STREET FARMHOUSE, FRONT STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of STREET FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1152240.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2019 at 17:44:32.

Location

Statutory Address:
STREET FARMHOUSE, FRONT STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Stroud (District Authority)
Parish:
Nympsfield
National Grid Reference:
SO 80155 00495

Details

SO 8000 NYMPSFIELD FRONT STREET (north east side)

17/341 Street Farmhouse

23.6.52

GV II

Detached farmhouse. Dated 1613. Random rubble limestone, mostly roughcast rendered; brick chimneys; stone slate roof. Two- storey. East front: long range with scattered fenestration, mostly timber casements. Towards centre of range moulded segmental arched doorway, stone lintel with date and carved trade marks, hoodmould with lozenge stops, plank door. Two other plain doorways with raised rendered surrounds and plank doors. Two rows of pigeon holes below eaves towards right end and small stair light. Four ridge-mounted brick rebuilt chimneys. Lower outbuilding attached at north end. South end: gable end with off-centre timber casement to ground floor with timber lintel; two single-light windows to upper floor and attic, all with hoodmoulds, mostly blocked. Interior not inspected. Barn to north east (q.v.), shelter sheds to east (q.v.), and more shelter sheds to north east (q.v.). (D. Verey, Gloucestershire: The Cotswolds, 1979)

Listing NGR: SO8015500495

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
133134
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Verey, D , The Buildings of England: Gloucestershire 1 The Cotswolds, (1970)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 18 Jan 2004
Reference: IOE01/08851/18
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Derrick Whitmore. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].