PARADISE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1152268
Date first listed:
09-Jul-1951
Statutory Address:
PARADISE FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of PARADISE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1152268 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2019 at 06:47:26.

Location

Statutory Address:
PARADISE FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
King's Lynn and West Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Stradsett
National Grid Reference:
TF 67157 05808

Details

TF 60 NE STRADSETT

5/42 Paradise Farmhouse 9.7.51 G.V. II

Farmhouse. 1600, altered C18 and probably reduced to present size. Carstone with brick dressings and slate roof. South front of 2 storeys in 3 bays with set-off at first floor. Central door under semi-circular arch and fanlight of c.1850. One segmental-headed mid C19 sash right and left. 3 similar sashes to first floor, the flanking windows in original ovolo moulded brick architraves. Gabled roof with internal gable stacks. East gable wall with 2 set-offs. Octagonal stepped brick corner turrets on bell-based plinths rise to moulded circular finials with ball caps. Central inscription plaque beneath moulded pediment records construction of house by Francis Parlet in 1600. Second floor set-off emphasised by moulded string course. C18 tumbling in gable head. West gable wall also with 2 set-offs and 3 early Cl9 casements within original ovolo moulded brick surrounds. Tumbling in gable head, which is entirely C18. To north early C19 extensions of one storey and attic. Interior with copious display of moulded bridging beams : ovolo and hollow chamfers, sometimes filleted and terminating in ogee stops.

Listing NGR: TF6715705808

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
221516
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].