THE TUN HOUSE CIRCA 25 METRES WEST OF THE MALT KILNS AND BREWERY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1152290
Date first listed:
30-Sep-1987
Statutory Address:
THE TUN HOUSE CIRCA 25 METRES WEST OF THE MALT KILNS AND BREWERY, THE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE TUN HOUSE CIRCA 25 METRES WEST OF THE MALT KILNS AND BREWERY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1152290 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Jun-2019 at 02:33:38.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE TUN HOUSE CIRCA 25 METRES WEST OF THE MALT KILNS AND BREWERY, THE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
North Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Letheringsett with Glandford
National Grid Reference:
TG 06089 38823

Details

TG 03 NE LETHERINGSETT WITH LETHERINGSETT GLANDFORD THE STREET

6/101 The Tun House c25m west of the Malt Kilns and Brewery (q.v. 6/100)

GV II

Storage building of former brewery, dated 1814, brick and flint, hipped pantile roof with central lantern. Square, gault brick to west and south, rusticated bands to base, battered walls, oversailing cornice. West facade with two semi-circular headed panels of pebble flint, string course at impost level to brick central and clasping pilasters; cast iron plaque in central spandrel inscribed W H/1814 (William Hardy 1770-1842). South facade of pebble flint, with red brick oversailing cornices. East facade to brewery yard of red brick, dressings with curved angles of header bond, large opening renewed. High lunette opening to north for pigeon loft. Interior: roof renewed, thick internal buttresses at angles. Tun House fomerly connected to kilns by range of buildings of same age burnt down 1936.

Listing NGR: TG0608938823

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
224638
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].