PARISH CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1152346

Date first listed: 20-Nov-1959

Statutory Address: PARISH CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY

Map

Ordnance survey map of PARISH CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1152346 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 09-Dec-2018 at 20:10:43.

Location

Statutory Address: PARISH CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Dorset

District: Purbeck (District Authority)

Parish: West Lulworth

National Grid Reference: SY8230480769

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SY 8280, SY 8279, SY 8180, SY 8179, SY 8379 17/269 WEST LULWORTH 20.11.59 Parish Church of the Holy Trinity

II

Parish church. Built 1869-70 on new site north of village. Architect G. Hicks. Some stonework from old church re-used in the vestry. Stone walls. Tiled roofs, gables with parapets and stone copings. Nave of four bays, north aisle, chancel with north vestry, tower west end of nave - on south side; base of this forms porch. Tower of two stages with projecting stair turret on west. Two-light belfry window in west wall of upper stage. Lancet windows in lower stage. Entrance doorway in south wall with moulded arch. Angle buttresses. South wall buttressed. Nave has two-light windows - chancel has one two-light and one three-light window - all traceried. East wall of chancel has three-light traceried window. North wall buttressed. Aisle has two-light traceried windows. West wall has separate gables to nave and aisle. Two-light window to aisle and four-light window to nave - both traceried. Internally, all roofs of pine. Nave has arch-braced collar beam roof, aisle has arch-braces scissor truss roof. Chancel has boarded waggon roof. North arcade has circular columns with carved capitals. All fittings c1869. Stone pulpit and font. Some good late C19 stained glass by Kempe. Churchyard monuments all C19 and later.

Listing NGR: SY8230480769

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 108721

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing