REMAINS OF CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1152354

Date first listed: 26-Nov-1959

Date of most recent amendment: 02-Dec-1983

Statutory Address: REMAINS OF CHURCH OF ST MARY, PLUMMERS LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of REMAINS OF CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1152354 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 11:59:39.

Location

Statutory Address: REMAINS OF CHURCH OF ST MARY, PLUMMERS LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: South Norfolk (District Authority)

Parish: Saxlingham Nethergate

National Grid Reference: TM 23076 96603

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TM 29 NW SAXLINGHAM NETHERGATE PLUMMER'S LANE

6/70 Remains of Church of 26/11/59 St. Mary. (Formerly listed as Ruins of Church of St Mary, Saxlingham - Thorpe) II* Former parish church of Saxlingham Thorpe. Mediaeval. Flint with robbed ashlar and brick dressings. Roofless. West tower, aisleless nave and chancel. North, south and west walls of unbuttressed C16 tower stand almost to full height. All dressings in brick. Fabric of nave and chancel of Cll or C12 with rubble quoins and 2 blocked single splayed windows in chancel. Chancel lengthened in later Middle Ages. North nave door with some C16 surviving moulded brick and a draw bar hole in eastern jamb. Church disaffected before 1700.

Listing NGR: TM2307696603

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 226647

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing