MALT HOUSE, TO REAR OF NUMBERS 13 AND 15

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1152409

Date first listed: 21-Mar-1985

Statutory Address: MALT HOUSE, TO REAR OF NUMBERS 13 AND 15, THE CHIPPING

Map

Ordnance survey map of MALT HOUSE, TO REAR OF NUMBERS 13 AND 15
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1152409 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 19:38:05.

Location

Statutory Address: MALT HOUSE, TO REAR OF NUMBERS 13 AND 15, THE CHIPPING

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold (District Authority)

Parish: Tetbury

National Grid Reference: ST 89174 93217

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 8893-8993 TETBURY THE CHIPPING (east side)

7/117 Malt House, to rear of Nos 13 and 15



GV II

Former malthouse, now assembly hall. Early C18 base, largely rebuilt in 1898 after fire. Rubble stone, slate roof. Long L- shape range. 2 storeys and semi-basement. 2 segmental head 2-light windows on raised ground floor with straight-headed windows over. Dormer to right with door through eaves and door below. Up concrete steps to C20 entrance on left. Off-set at head height along length of building. Malthouse on site since medieval period, malting ceased 1919. Hall used during 2nd World War to plan D-Day landings. Included for group value with Nos 5, 13 and 15 The Chipping (q.v.).

Listing NGR: ST8917493217

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 128393

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing