THE CONDUIT, CIRCA 30 METRES NORTH WEST OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1152418
Date first listed:
20-Feb-1952
Statutory Address:
THE CONDUIT, CIRCA 30 METRES NORTH WEST OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, THE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE CONDUIT, CIRCA 30 METRES NORTH WEST OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1152418 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2019 at 10:24:53.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE CONDUIT, CIRCA 30 METRES NORTH WEST OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, THE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
North Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Upper Sheringham
National Grid Reference:
TG1440141881

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 01/11/2012

TG 14 SW 4/121 20.2.52

UPPER SHERINGHAM THE GREEN The Conduit, c.30m north-west of Church of All Saints

(Formerly listed as The Conduit, c.30m south-west of Church of All Saints)

GV II

Conduit, dated 1814, built at expense of Abbot Upcher. Pebble flint with gault brick dressings. Circular cistern c.4m across, walls c,lm high of pebble flint panels articulated by vertical bands and pilaster strips of brick; coping of stone and brick. To the north the wall raised on the curve to broken stone pediment having dentil cornice. Semi-circular arch below with stone imposts and projecting keystone; two flanking brick pilasters. Stone beneath pediment inscribed ANNO PACIS / MDCCCXIV. Broken pediment, dentil cornice, keystone and stone imposts to rear. Rendered brick trough to front with cast iron flat capping to front over wall of black glazed brick. Interior: circular slope from enclosing wall to central tank of black glazed brick.

Listing NGR: TG1440141881

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
224651
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 17 Sep 2002
Reference: IOE01/07574/23
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Geoff W. Ayers. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].