THE CHAPEL HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1152451

Date first listed: 27-Feb-1979

Date of most recent amendment: 12-Feb-1988

Statutory Address: THE CHAPEL HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE CHAPEL HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1152451 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Dec-2018 at 17:20:03.

Location

Statutory Address: THE CHAPEL HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold (District Authority)

Parish: Chedworth

National Grid Reference: SP 06924 11116

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CHEDWORTH LOWER CHEDWORTH SP 0611-0711 12/87 The Chapel House (formerly listed as former 27.2.79 Congregational Chapel)

II

Former Congregational Chapel now converted into house. Inscription 'Erected A.D. 1752 / Re-erected A.D. 1804' over porch arch. Facade: coursed squared and dressed limestone, otherwise limestone rubble with dressed stone quoins; slate roof with C20 ashlar stack. Rectangular main body with extension set back to the right. Main body: 2 storeys with single-storey extension. Symmetrical 3-windowed facade: fixed casements with Gothick glazing with round-headed surrounds with keystones to the ground floor. Central double 6-panel door with fanlight with Gothick glazing bars. C19 flat-roofed porch with a round-headed arched entrance formerly with a tympanum inscribed 'Enter into His Courts with praise' (now removed). Paired lancets with Gothick glazing at the rear. Single-storey extension with two 2-light top opening casements with glazing bars. Pyramidal roof to main body with central C20 stack. Interior: gallery on south-east side of main body supported on turned columns.

Listing NGR: SP0692411116

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 131113

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing