MARGARET RANDLE MONUMENT IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, CIRCA 5 METRES NORTH OF THE NORTH AISLE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1152455
Date first listed:
22-Oct-1987
Statutory Address:
MARGARET RANDLE MONUMENT IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, CIRCA 5 METRES NORTH OF THE NORTH AISLE

Map

Ordnance survey map of MARGARET RANDLE MONUMENT IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, CIRCA 5 METRES NORTH OF THE NORTH AISLE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1152455 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Jul-2019 at 05:33:27.

Location

Statutory Address:
MARGARET RANDLE MONUMENT IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, CIRCA 5 METRES NORTH OF THE NORTH AISLE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Tewkesbury (District Authority)
Parish:
Badgeworth
National Grid Reference:
SO 90159 19240

Details

BADGEWORTH BADGEWORTH VILLAGE SO 91 NW

4/15 Margaret Randle monument in the churchyard of the Church of the Holy Trinity, c5m north of the north aisle

GV II

Chest tomb to Margaret Randle, died 1643 and William Randle, senior died 1675. Limestone. Rectangular inscription panel with moulded margin and inscription to Margaret Randle on the north side; cherub's head with a segmental moulding above; marginal panels with skulls and laurel wreaths; hanging drapery above; foliate decoration on the sides of the lyre-shaped ends. Matching inscription panel to William Randle on the south side. Very rich modelling.

Listing NGR: SO9015919240

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
134967
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 11 Sep 1999
Reference: IOE01/00440/12
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Keith Cooper. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].