VALE, BODNUM AND HARRIS MONUMENTS, ABOUT 15-20M SOUTH-EAST OF SOUTH PORCH IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1152461

Date first listed: 09-Dec-1986

Statutory Address: VALE, BODNUM AND HARRIS MONUMENTS, ABOUT 15-20M SOUTH-EAST OF SOUTH PORCH IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST MARY, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of VALE, BODNUM AND HARRIS MONUMENTS, ABOUT 15-20M SOUTH-EAST OF SOUTH PORCH IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1152461 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 12:08:12.

Location

Statutory Address: VALE, BODNUM AND HARRIS MONUMENTS, ABOUT 15-20M SOUTH-EAST OF SOUTH PORCH IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST MARY, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Stroud (District Authority)

Parish: Arlingham

National Grid Reference: SO 70668 10644

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ARLINGHAM CHURCH ROAD SO 71 SW (west side) 2/16 Vale, Bodnum and Harris Monuments, about 15-20m south-east of south porch in churchyard of Church of St. Mary GV II Three pedestal tombs. From north to south: Joseph Vale 1787; William Bodnum 1809; William Harris 1817. Forest limestone. Vale and Bodnum are set together on a large base, formerly railed, partially overgrown and breaking up at time of survey (November 1985). Vale - stepped cap with gadrooned top and acorn finial, incised edge to flat top, tall moulded plinth, half-round ends. Reeded frieze with centre rosettes, sides have raised ovals and palm leaves, west end has wrapped raised oval, east end has high relief of weeping draped putto under a tree next to a tomb with urn. Partially overgrown. Bodnum - square, curved pyramidal cap with reeded urn finial on flat top supported at corners by reeded columns, broken to south west. Plain plinth, plain sides and ends with incised headstone shape. Harris (slightly to south east) - curved pyramidal cap with plain finial on flat top with incised edge, tall moulded plinth on base which is breaking up. Indented ends with fluted frieze and rosette and twisted astragal. Ribbon and plain oval to east, oval with palm leaves to west and larger to sides.

Listing NGR: SO7066810644

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 132274

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing