EASTBURY HOUSE CARRIAGE ENTRANCE TO EAST AND GARDEN WALL TO WEST.

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1152483
Date first listed:
28-Nov-1950
Date of most recent amendment:
04-Oct-1973
Statutory Address:
EASTBURY HOUSE CARRIAGE ENTRANCE TO EAST AND GARDEN WALL TO WEST., LONG STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of EASTBURY HOUSE CARRIAGE ENTRANCE TO EAST AND GARDEN WALL TO WEST.
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1152483 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Jun-2019 at 12:35:56.

Location

Statutory Address:
EASTBURY HOUSE CARRIAGE ENTRANCE TO EAST AND GARDEN WALL TO WEST., LONG STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Dorset
District:
West Dorset (District Authority)
Parish:
Sherborne
National Grid Reference:
ST 64212 16656

Details

LONG STREET 1. 1625 (North-West Side) ) ST 6416 2/143 28.11.50. Eastbury House (Formerly listed as Burton House) - Carriage entrance to east and, garden wall to west. II GV 2. Irregularly shaped house, probably of about 1700 origin with additions and alterations of various dates. 2 storey 5 window roughcast front to road is late C18 with stone plinth and chamfered quoins. Stone slate roof, gable ends with stone parapet copings. Stone doorway with Tuscan half-round pilasters, entablature. Door opening round-headed with fanlight. On right hand is carriage entrance with stone gate piers with moulded caps. Interior has re-set C17 stone fireplace. High stone garden wall with rubble capping to west of Eastbury House extends round corner to St Swithin's Road and then turns northward up St Swithin's Road as far as St Swithin's Close.

The Red House, Grey Lodge, Forecourt walls and railings to The Red House, The White Cottage, Wall railings and gate to The White Cottage, Eastbury House, including carriage entrance to east and garden wall to west, Elizabeth House, Bracondale, Nos 1 and 2 Cedar Cottages, The Cedars, Garden wall adjoining The Cedars on the west side, Corby House, Mason Gill, Glenville and Long Street Post Office form a group.

Listing NGR: ST6421216656

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
104033
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].