TUDOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1152562
Date first listed:
26-Jan-1956
Statutory Address:
TUDOR HOUSE, 2, NEW ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of TUDOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1152562 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2019 at 10:58:36.

Location

Statutory Address:
TUDOR HOUSE, 2, NEW ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Dorset
District:
West Dorset (District Authority)
Parish:
Portesham
National Grid Reference:
SY 60127 85802

Details

SY 6085 PORTESHAM NEW ROAD, EAST SIDE

11/196 No 2 (Tudor House) 26.1.56 - II

Detached House, formerly 3 cottages. Mid C17, extended south in C18, and at north end in C19. Squared rubble-stone walls, mixture of Portesham and Abbotsbury stone. Plain clay tile roof, hipped at left hand and gabled at right hand. Stone stack slight in from left hip. 2 storeys. 5 windows, ground floor: 2-light stone mullion, and 3-light stone mullion (ovolo), with separate label over. Fixed diamond-leaded lights and central wooden casement, C17. First-floor windows: 2-, 4-, 2-, 2-, 2-light, C20 wooden casement with diamond-leaded lights. Doorways: left hand C18 stone architrave with C20 plank-and-muntin door. Centre: blocked C17 doorway with moulded jambs and depressed-arch head. Right hand plank-and-muntin door with segmental arch-head, C19. Interior: former right hand gable, reset fireplace with fake date 1564. Stairs in beside fireplace. Large open fireplace in south end, with straight-chamfered jambs and wooden lintel over. (RCHM Dorset II, p.244 (12)).

Listing NGR: SY6012785802

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
105316
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Dorset, (1970), 244

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 07 Oct 2002
Reference: IOE01/08989/32
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Derek Beauchamp. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].